Employee assistance program
All employees and their immediate families have free access to independent counselling, advice and support from the ORS Group and Oars Across the Waters. De-identified reporting on program uptake is provided to Corporate Executive annually. Based on the areas of support provided, trends are analysed and remedial actions such as awareness raising, health and wellbeing promotion and training are considered.
Donations to Charity
Commission staff are active fund raisers for charitable causes. Throughout the year staff make donation on ‘Free dress Fridays’. In addition staff host morning teas, and other one off events in support of various charitable events. This year funds have been donated to:
- The Australiana Red Cross – Big Cake Bake
- Lord Mayor Distress Relief Fund - Waroona/Yarloop Bush Fires
- Liptember - The Centre For Women's Mental Health and Lifeline Australia
- Muscular Dystrophy Association of WA
- Cancer Council Biggest Morning Tea
- Red Cross for disaster relief in Nepal
The Commissions Social Club purchases coffee, tea and consumables, and coordinates social activities such as social sundowners, and a midyear get together for staff and their partners for drinks and nibbles in a hotel or wine bar. The Club’s major social events are the end of year lunch to thank staff for their dedication in supporting the work of the Commission.