No Ministerial directions were received during the financial year.
Other financial disclosures
Pricing policies of services provided
The Commission charges for services rendered on a full or partial cost recovery basis. These fees and charges were determined in accordance with the Costing and Pricing Government Services: Guidelines for Use by Agencies in the Western Australian Public Sector published by the Department of Treasury.
The current fees and charges are available on the Commission’s website at
The Commission continued the rolling replacement of assets in accordance with the approved Strategic Asset Management Plan and 10 year asset replacement schedule.
Employee profile as at 30 June 2016
The Equal Opportunity Commission is constantly striving to build and maintain a workforce that will enable it to deliver quality services to all clients. Our Workforce Plan aims to identify skills gaps, look at ways for developing our people and implement a recruiting strategy to help us achieve and maintain a workforce with the expertise needed to deliver our core objectives.
As a result of this, the following have been identified as priority outcomes for 2012 – 2016:
- attracting and retaining the right people
- minimising skill loss; maximising skill sharing; documenting learned knowledge
- supporting diversity
- creating a positive and inclusive workplace culture
- supporting a healthy and productive organisation.
Throughout 2015-16 the Commission reviewed and endorsed the following policies:
- WA Government Purchasing Card Policy and Operation Guidelines
- Substantive Equality Policy
- Enquiries Roster Duties
- Staff Attendance at Human Rights Events Policy
- Occupational Health and Safety Policy
- Financial Management Manual
- Risk Management Framework and Policy
- Leave Liability Policy
As part of the Commission’s staff induction process, all staff are required to undertake cultural competency training.
In addition to this, various staff attended the following courses:
- EO Law & Workplace Culture
- Accountable and Ethical Decision Making Program - Materials provided - Agency to encouraged to provide the training
- HR Managers forum: Spotlight on Aboriginal Employment Strategies
- EOC Contact Officer’s Role
- Centre for Cultural Competence Australia
- EOC Staff Planning Day
- Community Awareness Training
- Speaker, Elder Oriel Green talk on 'Cultural Obligation'
- Mental Health Training
- PSC Management Essentials Course: Managing People
- Oars Across The Waters Pty Ltd
- Using Twitter
- Crossing the Line: Reporting Transgender
- Citizen insights: better understanding, better services
- Management essentials: Managing people
- De-escalation techniques
- Public Policy Forum with Mr Peter Harris, Chairman of the Productivity Commission
- Webpage Update training
During the 2015-16 financial year no new compensation claims were recorded.
- Governance disclosures
- Compliance with public sector standards and ethical codes