No Ministerial directives were received during the reporting period.
Other financial disclosures
Pricing policies of services provided
The Commission charges for services rendered on a full or partial cost recovery basis. These fees and charges were determined in accordance with the Costing and Pricing Government Services: Guidelines for Use by Agencies in the Western Australian Public Sector published by Treasury.
The current fees and charges are available on the Commission’s website at http://www.eoc.wa.gov.au/community-education-training/current-courses/courses---standard
No Capital works were undertaken this year.
Employment and Industrial Relations
During the 2016-17 financial year no new compensation claims were recorded.
The Equal Opportunity Commission is constantly striving to build and maintain a workforce that will enable it to deliver quality services to all clients. Our Workforce Plan aims to identify skills gaps, look at ways for developing our people and implement a recruiting strategy to help us achieve and maintain a workforce with the expertise needed to deliver our core objectives.
As a result of this, the following have been identified as priority:
- Attracting and retaining the right people
- Minimising skill loss; maximising skill sharing; documenting learned knowledge
- Supporting diversity
- Creating a positive and inclusive workplace culture
- Supporting a healthy and productive organisation.
Throughout 2016-17 the Commission reviewed and endorsed the following policies and plans:
- Internal Audit Charter Policy
- WA Government Purchasing Card Policy and Operational Guidelines
- Staff Attendance at Human Right Events
- Hours of Work, Flexible Working Arrangements and Time in Lieu Policy
- Risk Management Framework and Policy
- Risk Priority Summary 2017-2018
- Leave Liability Policy
- Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2016-2021 and Disability Access and Inclusion Feedback Form
- Communications Plan
- EOC Strategic Plan 2017-2019
As part of the Commission’s staff induction process, all staff are required to undertake cultural competency training.
In addition to this, various staff attended the following courses:
- Receptionist & Switchboard Operators - Physical Threat
- EO Law & Workplace Culture
- PID - Public Interest Disclosure Refresher Training
- R U OK? EAP Mental Health Briefing
- ALLY Training – LGBTI
- ALLY Trainer session
- Convention Obligations
- ASC Portal Training
- Aurion BPOS training
- Mediation Training Course
- Cross Cultural Immersion Training
- Effective Service for People who have a Mental Illness
- Windows 10 and Office upgrade training.
- First Aid
- TRIM Training
- Introduction to Equal Opportunity Law