Complaints of unlawful discrimination

The Commissioner is required to investigate allegations of unlawful discrimination and attempt to conciliate a resolution between the parties.  

Who can lodge a complaint?

You can lodge a complaint with the Commissioner for Equal Opportunity on your own behalf or on behalf of yourself and others.

If you are a member of a trade union, your union may complain on your behalf.

If a person with an impairment is unable to write or sign their complaint, the complaint can be lodged by their advocate or carer.

This section of our website provides information on how to make complaints, the complaint process, and some summaries of complaints which have been conciliated by the Commission.