Duration: 2 hours
Where is the line between being friendly at work and sexual harassment?
Learn where the line is at the Sexual Harassment - Know where the line is
workshop. The workshop has been developed to help organisations identify workplace sexual harassment according to the Sex Discrimination Act 1984 and the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 and draw the line on what is acceptable workplace behaviour according to these federal and state laws.
Participants will learn:
- What sexual harassment is;
- Where and how often sexual harassment occurs;
- Laws that cover sexual harassment;
- Impact of workplace culture on sexualized behaviour.
- Strategies to help minimise the risk of sexual harassment.
This workshop is not designed to satisfy the pre-requisite requirements of the Equity Grievance Officer Role course.
Cost: $129.00 (GST incl) (9:30 am to 11:30 am)
Registration is required. A confirmation email will be sent to registered participants.
Please bring along notepaper and a pen.
Other: Tea and coffee will be available. Participants can bring their own meal requirements with them or alternatively make their own purchases from cafes nearby on the day. Limited places available.
Another available date for this course:
- Tuesday, 6 August 2019 (9:30 am to 11:30 am)
Disclaimer: Minimum numbers are required for courses to be viable. If not, there could be a possibility of the course being cancelled.
The Commission can provide customised training at your organisation, or nominated venue, as required to suit your particular needs.
Facsimile: (08) 9216 3960
Equal Opportunity Commission
PO Box 7370
PERTH WA 6850
Venue for metropolitan calendar courses
Equal Opportunity Commission
141 St Georges Terrace
PERTH WA 6000
Free Call for Country callers from a landline: 1800 198 149
TTY No: 9216 3936
Parking and Wheelchair Access for metropolitan calendar courses
- The closest fee payable parking is available under 141 St Georges Terrace. The entrance to the Secure Car Park is off 38 Mounts Bay Road. Disabled parking bays are reserved adjacent to the car park lifts on each floor of the building.
- Cancellations received more than 7 working days prior to commencement of the course will be free of charge.
- Cancellations received less than 7 working days prior to commencement of the course will be charged the full fee.
- Cancellations should be provided in writing or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Substitution of another Participant
- Substitutions may be made at any time up to the commencement of the course by calling the Administration Officer, Community Education on 9216 3927 or email email@example.com
- Enrollees who do not attend the class will be charged the full fee.
- Enrollees who do not attend due to sickness may be transferred to another course upon receipt of a doctor's certificate.
Courses cancelled by the Equal Opportunity Commission
- In the event a course is cancelled by the Equal Opportunity Commission all enrollees will be notified and be offered a place on the next available program.
To find out more information about any of the courses listed in this document, or to discuss your training options please contact the Commission on (08) 9216 3900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.