Duration: 4 hours - 9:15 am to 1:15 pm
Find out what equal opportunity means to you at work and outside of work.
The Introduction to Equal Opportunity Law workshop provides participants with an introduction to equal opportunity and anti-discrimination laws and how to apply it to everyday life, whether it is at work or outside of work. It aims to also help people avoid the costly risks associated with inadvertently breaching the law.
This course is also a pre-requisite course for any staff intending to undertake further training as Equity Grievance Officers.
Participants will develop:
- An understanding of equal opportunity law and its application;
- Measures required to prevent unlawful discrimination;
- How to identify personal and organisational culture that supports equality and diversity.
Cost: $255 (GST incl)
Other: Morning tea provided
Other available dates for this course:
Disclaimer: Minimum numbers are required for courses to be viable. If not, there could be a possibility of the course being cancelled.
The Commission can provide customised training at your organisation, or nominated venue, as required to suit your particular needs.
Facsimile: (08) 9216 3960
Equal Opportunity Commission
PO Box 7370
PERTH WA 6850
Venue for metropolitan calendar courses
Equal Opportunity Commission
141 St Georges Terrace
PERTH WA 6000
Free Call for Country callers from a landline: 1800 198 149
TTY No: 9216 3936
Parking and Wheelchair Access for metropolitan calendar courses
- The closest fee payable parking is available under 141 St Georges Terrace. The entrance to the Secure Car Park is off 38 Mounts Bay Road. Disabled parking bays are reserved adjacent to the car park lifts on each floor of the building.
- Cancellations received more than 7 working days prior to commencement of the course will be free of charge.
- Cancellations received less than 7 working days prior to commencement of the course will be charged the full fee.
- Cancellations should be provided in writing or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Substitution of another Participant
- Substitutions may be made at any time up to the commencement of the course by calling the Administration Officer, Community Education on 9216 3927 or email email@example.com
- Enrollees who do not attend the class will be charged the full fee.
- Enrollees who do not attend due to sickness may be transferred to another course upon receipt of a doctor's certificate.
Courses cancelled by the Equal Opportunity Commission
- In the event a course is cancelled by the Equal Opportunity Commission all enrollees will be notified and be offered a place on the next available program.
To find out more information about any of the courses listed in this document, or to discuss your training options please contact the Commission on (08) 9216 3900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.